Monday, May 23, 2005

I Heart Weddings

This weekend was a much needed 3 day vacation up to Grand Rapids for the wedding of Shaun and Kristie. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to. Not because of the flowers or the lighting or fabulous oversized martini glasses (though they were quite a nice touch), but because it was such a joyous occasion. When you walked into the church you could just feel the excitement. It was such a variety of emotions and so uplifting.
I got goosebumps during the ceremony. I got wasted at the reception. I laughed more this weekend than I remember laughing in a long time. I cried a little too. I danced all night. I attended the beginnings of a bachelor party. I ate a fried fish sandwhich in bed with Maggie while we watched "Cheaper by the Dozen." I wore a string bikini. I fell in love with a puggle dog. I ate the unedible rose petals and wore the edible flower in my hair. I pulled the muscles in my neck while head banging. I tried, and failed, to eat 6 saltine crackers in under a minute. I saw more old friends than I assumed I would. And lastly, I was reminded of how beautiful life and love and friendship are.
Congrats to the Arnolds. :)
posted by Kellie @ 4:13 PM |

3 comments

<< Home