Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Just Aiight For Me

I read this post while surfing a friend of a friends blog. Found it interesting and decided to do one myself.


Just Aiight For Me

List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), “Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice.”


My Five:
1. American Idol. I know this makes me the anti-christ (and if you don't think that now, mary full of grace, keep reading), but in the words of Randy Jackson- "That's just aiight for me." The show used to be a must see. The one I taped while at rehearsal to view at a later time with the members of the Snatch Patch. Clinging to Robbie's arm while AJ said "Oh. My. God. Wait until you see this one!" was a weekly ritual that I cherished (I still treasure the memories to this day). Cuddling with EO while Cassie and Mike told us to shut the hell up while Kelly Clarkson dominated the screen. This was American Idol. I certainly know viewing it alone has less appeal than viewing it with the Patch, but still. Is this the best we got, America? At least this season there are still 3 entertaining people on. But I mean, did we really choose an American Idol who released a song called "Baby Mama"? We did indeed, America. We did indeed.

2. Leonardo DiCaprio. I find him unattractive first of all, but I feel like I am the only person on the planet- male or female- who shares this sentiment. Although I enjoy his films, he, by no means, has ever impressed me as the amazing actor he is touted as being. He mostly just annoys me. I liked him in Titanic though. You know, the part where he died...

3. Burgers and Fries. We've worked all week. We decide to get together for dinner. I'm thinking seafood, glass of wine, maybe a cosmo, decadent dessert. I hear "all I want is a big burger and fries" and the group agrees. What the fuck is up with that? Now, I'm not saying I hate the old American Standard, and if you load up a burger with everything (when I eat I forget that I have a vagina)- and I'm talking everything INCLUDING the fried onion rings- then sure, sometimes I'm game. But I would always rather have something different. Something better. And probably more expensive. So if you're on a budget, perhaps dinner with me isn't always the best choice. And if you ever ask me to dinner, please don't suggest a burger joint. I'd rather stay home and cook. You can come too. But I'm not making burgers.

4. Church. Please don't hate mail me. You love Jesus- got it. That's clear and good for you. But not everyone does. And maybe this makes me a bad person, but Christianity and I are just not that tight. And frankly, I'm pretty okay with that. Talk to me about other religions and know something about them. And if you can't at least do that- please don't talk to me about yours.

5. Sex in a public place. Whenever my friends and I get together, the subject of sex always comes up. And then we always have to rehash the crazy stories. The wild, insane, kinky shit that our mothers refuse to believe we would do in a million years. (Sorry mom). And this brings me to Sex in Public. Eh. I have never enjoyed the thought of being caught with my pants around my ankles. It reminds me of having sex in my parents house, worried they'll hear or, worse, walk in. Sex is sex. I feel like if it's bad in private it's probably bad in public and no amount of "spicing up" will fix that.
posted by Kellie @ 4:36 PM |

1 comments

<< Home