Thursday, August 04, 2005

Destination: Real Life

I'm annoying right now.

I feel it when I talk to my friends, post my away messages, talk on the phone. I am that so-in-love-I-want-to-talk-about-it-with-everyone-even-if-they're-
single-and-hating-me-for-it girl. I've turned into "I don't need anyone but him" girl somewhere along the line. I love my friends. Adore them. They're great. They're wild. They're spontaneous. They're... single.

Somewhere along the lines I have changed, even just in the last 6 months. When I returned home it was like reverting back to college. Going to the bars, beer pong, long drunk nights and fuzzy mornings and needing weekends to, well, recover from my weekend. Now it's books in bed with a hot cup of chammomile tea, dinner and sometimes drinks, lots of family time, walking the dog and staying up late organizing for work.

While Josh was home I was reminded of what my life is and where it is headed. A road towards buying a home, working towards a raise, a new car, Sundays at home working in the yard. Date nights on Saturdays. State parks on the weekends. Camping (and not just in a chalet this time). Real. Life.

And I love that.

Tangled in the sheets with the smell of my love in the air is where I want to be. I want to buy groceries on Sundays and make scramble to make him dinner when we both get home. On Friday nights I want to order a pizza, share a bottle of red wine and play Risk. I want to throw the dice at him while we play. I want to kiss him annoyingly to try to get our puppy's attention. I want to walk the dog while holding hands. I want to steal all the covers in the night to give him something to bitch about in the morning.

I love my life- and I love where it's heading. I can't wait to get there.
posted by Kellie @ 11:12 AM |

7 comments

<< Home