Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Falling into Fall



I woke up this morning rejuvinated. I mean, really, who wouldn't be? I got 9 hours of sleep. But whatever- I felt awesome. I looked outside- it looked... hot. It's been an Indian(a) summer. Hot, humid and sticky. I was not pleased. But then I walked outside. Cool. Crisp. Breezy...

FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, I completely understand that this wonderful weather will last a day and a half, then it will be back to sweating in my jeep with the ac cranked (all vents towards me). But for now, it feels a bit like fall. Just a tease of what's the come, but fall-like nonetheless.

Fall is my favorite season. Football games (I heart the Colts), Halloween (one my favorite holidays, second to the 4th of July, of course), hay rides, sweaters, jeans, candy apples, pumpkin carving, and beautiful weather. There is nothing I adore more than sitting outside in a swing, writing the early evening away in the fall. The trees are beautiful, and I love being snuggly outside in cool weather. Cold enough you need a blanket to keep warm, but no Jack Frost nipping my nose (I do NOT heart winter).

I wish Josh to be here this fall. It's not going to happen, but I still wish it. Everything I love is enhanced by Josh's presence. And our combined funness level is so great- I don't know many people who can rival it. But then again, I'm biased. :)

So today is a good day. A fall day. And soon it will pass...

but I am still going to go get my free Bath and Body Works candle (pumpkin scented) at lunch so at least I can pretend.

I got a coupon in the mail.

my life rocks.
posted by Kellie @ 12:20 PM |

4 comments

<< Home