Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Cash Registers at 3AM



I woke up at 3:30 to a loud "KA-CHING."

The sound that a cash register makes as it opens.

The sound that AIM uses to alert me that my "buddy" is online and available.

I lay in bed for a moment, trying to decide if I really was going to get up at 3am to tread to my computer and chat with J. At this point, I am awake. So I bit the bullet and had all of a one minute conversation with my baby- finding out that the phones are down and the internet is crappy as ever. We exchanged the usuals: I love yous and missings were typed from one continent to another... I lay in bed smiling and trying to get back to sleep.

And even though I had less rest than normal, I woke up this morning happy and refreshed.

Ain't love grand?
posted by Kellie @ 8:46 AM |

4 comments

<< Home