Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Drumroll Please!

We have a date folks!

Yes, that's right...in but a short time (I can't specify when for security reasons) my baby will be returning home from his sandy government paid vacation. It hardly seems possible that it has been almost a year.

Looking at deployment before he left, it seemed like a year apart was, well, pretty much forever. I could not imagine my days without him by my side. I was miserable without him. I felt alone, I was lost in my past- struggling to figure out where I fit in back in my hometown, with old friends I barely knew anymore. I flipped from one group to another, drank too much too often and generally spent free time missing Josh.

As time went on, I found my place. My focus became on the future, rather than the present craptasticness of the seperation. I found peace with the distance, and even though it was still hard, I knew more than ever that this was the person with whom I want to spend the rest of my life. The return is looming so near in our future, I can barely hold in my excitement. The year has flown by and all of the lonliness has melted away, leaving behind the strongest of foundations. As much as I wish we didn't have to spend even a moment apart, the year has been good for us. It's made us stronger than imaginable and has cemented the fact that he is the best man I know.

So, boys and girls, the moral of the story is that soon, very soon...

I will be getting some action again.

we all know that's all that really matters anyway.


:)
posted by Kellie @ 7:56 AM |

5 comments

<< Home