Friday, November 04, 2005

Pieces of Me (and not by Ashlee Simpson)

an older poem, but thought I'd post it anyway...


I had a dream about you last night
with my eyes open and my heart closed.
You were repeating all the lines
from the play we rehearsed
but never concluded.
But my script has been thrown out
and the vault of our memories sealed tight
with the tears I cried over us-

Wasted water when so many thirst.

I wanted to bash a crowbar through the dream.
Shatter it like a mirror:
make it reflect a broken me.
I examine my twin,
pushing the pieces of her together.
She's a skeleton of who she used to be.
A Nicole Richie wannabe
dressed in the clothes of success.
A different woman that she was before.

and i can't help but wonder
if you passed me on the street
would you recognize my scent?
posted by Kellie @ 6:58 PM |

6 comments

<< Home