Tuesday, November 08, 2005

What's Going On


So as of lately the stars have not been aligned for good posting. First things first, without getting to very specific about my work (hello? Fired much?) I have been moving in my office. Not far, mind you, but moving nonetheless. So part of my workday has been spent transferring everything from one desk to another. Now I am at my new desk. A better location for sure, there is only one little issue.

The Keyboard.

And there it is folks. I. Hate. It. It is awkward to type on and I see few benefits. So I did what any hard worker would do.

I ordered a new one. That’s what I’m talking about.

So, in other news, J’s return is so close I can’t even believe it. I find myself in the familiar feeling that I had this summer before his midtour leave... Complete and total emotional exhaustion. The fact that this long year apart will soon be over is amazing and I can’t express the joy I feel when I think about it. But at the same time, I am filled up with anticipation and nerves and sometimes I can’t keep it in any longer and it all comes pouring out. Just thinking about being able to pick up a telephone and talk to him is amazing. I haven’t made a phone call to him in a year. That is insanity. This weekend I spent time with his parents and his dad and I were going through pictures. I was struck, again, by just how handsome he is and how much I love him. And then I cried. Because that’s what I do. I hate every second that tears stream down my face, but, try as I might to hold them in, I am never successful.

But again, that’s me.

So, all in all, that’s what’s going on in my life. I have my first bridal shower this month over Thanksgiving weekend with Josh’s family. I can’t wait!

So that, folks, is what’s going on.
posted by Kellie @ 12:09 PM |

9 comments

<< Home