Monday, January 23, 2006

Can't Buy My Love

I am the queen of quick decisions.

You want something decided quickly, without even the use of an old fashioned coin toss? I'm your gal.

Today, when I was coming back from the gym, I called J for the 4th time today (we're still getting used to having this whole "phone" thing). We talked for a few minutes and then he said it. He tempted me.

"Want to fly down this weekend?" He inquired. I sighed.

"That costs money, baby." I say. I hear his smile over the phone.

"I know." I can literally hear his grin- I can picture it- it infects my mouth and I find myself smirking as well.

"Wel... I can look and see how much the ticket would cost." I offer, knowing in my heart that I'll purchase the ticket faster than I can type in www.expedia.com. I look at the tickets and start to think. And then BAM! Decision made. Think about it later. Act now.

So, as of 3:00 this afternoon, I am $300 poorer.

But I am taking a weekend to see my soon to be hubby- and that is all that matters.

And they say you can't buy happiness...
posted by Kellie @ 7:15 PM |

9 comments

<< Home