Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Foggy Morning and Sick Puppies

This morning is full of fog.

I went to bed rather early last night, only to wake up even groggier than normal... hate that! However, two diet cokes later I am feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for my day.

My plan of sitting down with the boss this morning backfired again, when one of my co-workers could not come in and has court today. Suddenly my schedule is full and we're all running here and there with little interaction. I saw the Boss for about 5 minutes, 4 and a half of which he was on a call, and the other thirty seconds he was going over the plan for the day while walking out the door. A "Goodbye Kiddo" (which may sound insulting, but somehow is endearing) and away he was, leaving me and my good intentioned requests for a meeting in the dust. This afternoon it has to happen- although I don't know where I will get the time to have said meeting. I just need an extra hour in my afternoon today- that would help out a lot.

My mother surprised me a few minutes ago with flowers. She's off work and dropped by with Lilies and Belles of ireland. So now my office is fragrant and beautiful- with leftover flowers from Valentine's and now these. :)

Eddie was sick last night. He was pathetic. Whiney and mopey, however, at the same time, a lot more cuddly and affectionate than I am used to- I liked it! I'm embarrassed to say how trained HE has ME- and, frankly, when he sees me he automatically thinks three things: presents, playtime, and treats. I used to come home virtually every day with a bag of goodies for him. A toy, or cookies or a new jacket (although now he is too big and none of the jacket's fit his broad chest). It made it hells when I actually went shopping for me- I would walk in my house and be barraged- me trying to keep the bag away and him certain that it contained a present for him. So I had to stop all of that. I couldn't help but feel bad for him yesterday. He'd gone to the vet to get groomed, and while there I got him micro chipped. They say it doens't hurt- but it's a pretty big needle.

And I know my dog- and he was NOT pleased last night.

Good thing he's not spoiled...



nope... not at all... :)
posted by Kellie @ 8:07 AM |

4 comments

<< Home