Thursday, May 18, 2006

Are we there yet?

So I started using this new hair product.

Yeah, it's going to be one of those posts...

This hair product- by John Freida- is called a color glaze. It's supposed to add a subtle hint of color with each use.

I decided today that this "glaze" is not for me. I use it and after each use, I rush to the mirror to see my beautiful "glazed" hair. I blow dry. I tilt my head to the light hits it juuuuuuuust right. There! Is that it? Is this a glaze? I'm tempted to jump back in the shower- wash, rinse and glazing the day away. I need more immediate results.

It's a theme that runs my life. I weigh myself after I work out- just to see if I might have already lost a pound or perhaps even 2! I use a new face product and expect blemishes to disappear in hours. I drink cognac like it's a shot and I always order appetizer because I just can't wait. I want things now. Hurry up and get them before they get away.

I think that's what has been in the back of my mind about my new surroundings. A new town where I know no one- I'm desperate for friends. But not just the normal run of the mill friends. I'm desperate for call me when you're already on your way to my house friends. Friends who hold up a shot glass and scream at the top of their lungs "FUCK YOU BENNY" friends. Line dancing, state fair loving, can't stop shopping at Express friends. Friends who will go to a Chinese buffet with me and don't judge me when I eat three plates of food (get off me- one is always dessert). Friends who order beer at 11:00am with their salads. Friends who say "I love you" "You're amazing" and "I miss you."

Then I realize that those friends are not going to be found, because they already exist. And no matter how far away we are, I know they're there, living in different cities, different states and on different coast. They're beautiful and incredible and I'm lucky to have them.

I need to visit. Ugh. I hate travel. I just want to get there.

Shocker, I know.
posted by Kellie @ 2:07 PM |

8 comments

<< Home