Monday, July 31, 2006

Falling Again

This weekend I got excited about fall. I know I’ve got some time, but it was the first time the excitement hit me this year. It all happened in Yankee Candle. Sarah and I were shopping and testing out all of the new scents. Pumpkin Spice. Candy Corn. Fall Leaves.

Mmmmm.

The smells entered through my nose and wafted (is that a word?) straight to my heart. Memories of football season, carving pumpkins, chilly night time walks and jumping in piles of leaves (and yes, even at 25). Thoughts of sweatshirts and jeans, hockey games, candied apples, Halloween costumes, and hayrides. Even as I type this I feel an excitement in my chest. I can’t wait! And now that I am a camper extraordinaire, there’s so much more to look forward to! Plus, J and I finally have our own house to decorate and have the kiddos trick or treat to our door.

I wonder how much of this excitement is due to this unforgiving and hot summer?

But, frankly, I don’t care. It makes me happy to think about- and gives me something to look forward to.

Now, if only we had more trees… Maybe next year… as we will be buying/building a new house soon!  I love my life!
posted by Kellie @ 8:13 AM |

4 comments

<< Home