Monday, July 24, 2006

The TV and Me

Another weekend gone and back to work on Monday morning.

Monday morning is the worst. Try as I might, I cannot seem to grasp the fact that I need to hit the sack at a reasonable hour on Sunday nights. On normal nights, J and I make our way to bed no later than an embarrassing 10:00. We shoot for 9:30. After we take our pills and our jello, as we are each apparently 60 years of age.

So, last night was full of Big Brother All Stars. Yeah, that's right. I said it. I love me some BB. I've always felt that I could be a success on Big Brother. I couldn't cut it on Survivor- as I am not strong and so I could not outlast. I'd be all about the whole outwit thing, but those physical challenges and I would not get along. It's pretty pathetic.

Amazing Race and I have potential. Only one huge problem... I would have to have a partner who would be willing to put up with me. And a partner I would not kill on national television. One of my major character flaws is that when I get frustrated, I tend to take it out on whatever is closest. This generally tends to be a person. J and I could try Amazing Race. But then again he hates reality television, so there goes that idea. Moving on...

I'm too old for Road Rules and too boring for Real World.

Not hot enough for American Idol, although talented enough.

Not skilled enough for So You Think You Can Dance.

Well, I think you get the point... I will never be cast on a reality television series. And although I know I am actually becoming stupider (see- it's hitting already) by watching, I just can't stop.

So. I watch Big Brother and after it is over, I know I need to go to bed. I am 30 feet from the bedroom. I do the one thing I know I shouldn't do (besides the rice pudding I ate during BB)... I flip through channels... You know, just to see what's on...

Well, lo and behold, Iron Chef America was on! Holy cow! What a surprise! Actually, it wasn't a surprise at all, as I tend to do this every Sunday. I cuddled up to watch I.C.A. (which is totally not as awesome as the original Japanese version). After an hour of Wild Salmon and a victory for the challenger (which I love), NOW it was time for bed... but wait... wait... what's this?

A FOOD NETWORK CHALLENGE!

CELEBRATION CAKES?! With PARTNERS paired the DAY OF THE CHALLENGE.

It was like a car accident... I couldn't look away.

So, J and I stayed up tv-ing it until 11:00. By the time I actually shut my eyes for sleeping it was past midnight.

So, folks, the moral of the story is....

I'm tired

and

Television is the devil.
posted by Kellie @ 7:15 AM |

7 comments

<< Home