Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year, New Me

Happy 2007, all. I know I've been absent lately. It's not that I don't have things to write about, or even that I don't have the time. It's just that for some reason I feel compelled to write realyl interesting things, discuss subjects that make other people say "damn Kellie". But instead I've been filled with work stresses, LSAT taking, law school applying, Christmas bliss, where-the-heck-is-the-snow wonderings, and New Year sobriety.

I've been in one of those "the weekends can't come fast enough" moods that hits me everytime I get a little chance to be off work and relax. I've been sick off and on, mostly from this crazy weather. Hello? I'm in Indiana! It's supposed to be snowing now! And not stop until March. Oh well. It's better this way, as the Mustang will suck in the snow, I suspect.

My Christmas was lovely. It really really was. We spent it with my family, spent too much money on everyone (especially J) and ate literally everything in sight. Now comes the time to work it off and become me again. The thin me. Not this chunky mess I'm allowing myself to become. I'm always amazed at how blesses J and I both are with our wonderful families. We adore spending time with them- and I think that makes us lucky.

As the year came to a close, I got my LSAT score back, which allowed me to apply to my law schools! YAY! It's a weird feeling now... sitting and waiting, knowing that my future is lying in the hands of a board of people who don't know me. They see my grades, my test results and read a statement of exactly one and a half pages, telling them why I am the one they should choose for their program. There's so much more I wanted to say in my application... I wanted to tell them that I can make anyone laugh. Anyone. Just give me an hour. Let me get a sense of them and where their interests lie and BAM. I'll at least get a giggle. I wanted to tell them how badly I want this. How certain I am that this is my path to sucess. But everytime I wrote down the words, it came out muddled and, a bit, pathetic. So, it was back to the drawing board. I think what I finally came up with was a success, although in re-reading I noticed a stupid typo, which apparently NO ONE else who read my essay saw either. Double damn.

Oh well.

New Year was spent with J's family. We went snow tubing, which rocked, and had oysters on the half shell, and stayed up talking about religion until 2:00 a.m. I rang inthe new year sober and I actually remember my entire night. Pretty great. I boiled lobsters outside with my father in law and allowed them to die in a fashion that would suit them. They swan dove into the water, back flipped, head-first, butt-first... it was beautiful.

And delicious.

They all made it the few days before New Year, except for one. I named him Tupac, as he died before his time.

He was also delicious.

All in all, the new year looks pretty good.

:)

I'm back! :)

Labels: , ,

posted by Kellie @ 11:18 AM |

4 comments

<< Home