Thursday, November 08, 2007

Life is Beautiful

Is it wrong to sit in the library, writing on your blog you’ve neglected for months, when you have a locker full of “real work” to do, but no motivation with which to do it?

Yeah, I didn’t think so.

So, about the whole “not blogging thing”… not that expect anyone still checks my site, I would have given up months ago, and, frankly, at this point, I’m not even sure I have anything of merit or worth about which to write. My life is pretty dull. I go to school at 7 and stay until late. I eat crap that is not healthy for me and bitch about not losing weight. I cry at least once a week, which I suppose, is you know me, isn’t that much different that LBLS- yeah- that’s Life Before Law School.

LBLS was different. I’m not sure yet whether it was “good different” or just “different.” The jury’s still out on that one… ( get it… law school… jury… whatever). Sometimes I miss making money. Okay- everyday I miss making money. I work the same long hours I did at the firm, only the work is harder and endless. Even as I type this, there are a million things I could/should/ought to be doing, but I just have to take a break. If I had my way, I’d blow off my last class of the day, bundle up in the new coat I’ve been eying, steal away with my girlfriends to Cosi, order marshmellows and hot chocolate and gossip about boys and boots and anything-but-law-school-classes all night. Of course, this is not going to happen. I won’t blow off class, I can’t afford the coat (read: I have no money because I don’t work), and there are no Cosis here in Dayton. And I find it virtually impossible NOT to talk about law school. And yes, it is as annoying as it sounds. Trust me- just ask J.

Life during law school is funny. It is as stressful as I thought it would be- probably worse actually, but, despite all the stress/frustration/dead brain cells I’m going through- I still think it’s worth it. The work is interesting (most of the time) and the classes less scary than anticipated (again, most of the time). My friends are incredible. I’m surrounded, again, by unicorns and feeling less like an elephant. A good step, right?

It hits every now and again, when I recognize the greatness that lies in others and so often fail to see in myself. Law school is no different. Bright men and women surround me and I often worry why I don’t seem to glow quite the same. I can only hope that maybe some of these other people are wondering the same thing. Maybe they’re just not foolish enough to not only admit it, but to post it out there for all the world to see. Whatever. It’s me- it’s what I do.

J and I are great. We’re surviving this law school thing and, even though I think he may want to kill me 90% of the time, he refrains. That’s love.

So, I guess the point of this post is that life is good. I love saying that.

Labels:

posted by Kellie @ 2:10 PM |

1 comments

<< Home